I am still playing with my Christmas products and selected the Musical Season stamp set with the coordinating framelits dies, Musical Instruments, for my next project. This was one of those bundles that when I first saw it I wasn’t all that impressed, but when I started seeing projects made using them of course I just had to have them! Here is the card I designed.
It took me a while to work out the elements for this card but I love the end result – well worth the time I think.
Here are a few tips if you want to try and recreate this card:
- Holly Branches: I stamped them in Early Espresso and then used the fine tips of the Old Olive and Real Red Stampin’ Write Markers to lightly color the leaves and berries. I did not color the leaves completely to give them a watercolor look.
- Deck the Halls (Merry Music Specialty DSP): I lightly sponged with Crumb Cake to tone down the background color to give it an aged / vintage look.
- I used the Pretty Label Punch to round the ends of the tag on the front.
- I stamped off once before stamping the swirl design on the tag on the front in Crumb Cake.
- I used the Old Olive and Real Red Stampin’ Write markers to color the sections of the stamp used for the tag on the front.
Below are the Stampin’ Up! supplies that I used in the design of this card, all of which can quickly be added to your shopping card by clicking on the thumbnails:
If you have any questions regarding any other design elements for this card, do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you leave here inspired to put stamps to ink to paper. Until next time, stamp on my friends.