Jar of Love in Color Theory

My pre-order for the Holiday Catalog arrived today.  I have shown great restraint – I have yet to open it.  Instead I finished a project that I had started yesterday that was a special request from a friend for her mom.  This is the project that I will be sharing with you today.

I purchased the Jar of Love bundle from the 2017 Occasions Catalog and again did not have much opportunity to play with it.  Once again Stampin’ Up! rescued me by carrying these two products – the stamp set and the coordinating framelits – over to the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog!

Below are the Stampin’ Up! products that I used in the design of this card, all of which can quickly be added to your shopping cart by clicking on the thumbnails below:

Price: $110.00

Tips & Tricks:

Jar:  You will need to be careful and use a steady hand when stamping the jar image onto the window sheet, otherwise your stamp will slide and the image will smear.  You will also want to allow the stamped image to dry (preferably overnight) to avoid smudging or transfer of the ink.

Water:  I stamped the water on a piece of vellum two times (for a deeper pool of water) and then stamped with a dry stamp several times to blend in the line between the two stamped water images.  I then fussy cut the vellum piece and attached in the inside of the jar with mini glue dots in all 4 corners (liquid glue will not work).

Flower Stems:  I stamped and cut out with framelits both the stems with leaves and without leaves.  Since I chose the tallest of the jars, the stems need to be made longer; cut and piece to desired length.  I then used glue dots to arrange them in a way that they would “fit” inside the jar once it was placed on top.  I attached the bundle of stems to the card front with a glue dot in the center of the stem bundle.  I then attached the jar to the top of the stems with glue dots at all four corners and one on each side in the middle, all on the very outer edge of the jar so they are not visible.

Ribbon & Bow:  I stamped the “burlap” stamp in Real Red and fussy cut it out, and then cut the width in half to make it closer in appearance to the width of the bow.  Again, attached with glue dots.

Shelf & Doily:  The Wood Textures DSP strip is intended to represent a shelf or table top.  I cut a doily in half and folded a small portion of it behind the DSP to keep it firmly in place.

Flowers:  You will notice that the stamp for the little flowers has a tab – the framelit has a matching tab.  As long as you match those two tabs up when cutting out the stamped flowers, you will get a perfect cut every time.  I have learned it’s easier to just ink up that tab and stamp it too since you are going to be cutting out the flower anyway – it erases all doubt of where that little tab was.

If you have any other questions regarding any of the design elements of this card, just ask me.

Now you know as soon as I press the “publish” button on this post I am going to tear open the box of my new toys, but before I do so I wanted to share another product video with you from the Holiday Catalog.

HOLIDAY CATALOG SNEAK PEEK:  Today’s product bundle is Smitten Mittens.

Smitten Mittens … kittens … oh my.  I have a surprise for you coming soon.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you leave here inspired to put stamps to ink to paper.  Until next time, stamp on my friends.

Linda

This entry was posted in Birthday, Cards and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply