With less than three weeks left before Christmas it has come to my attention that I do not have enough cards on hand to fulfill my holiday card list needs. So last night I put my design thinking cap on and used the Holiday Catalog samples as inspiration in an attempt to come up with an easy to reproduce card that I could make in multiples to get me across the finish line.
Below is the card that I ended up creating; however, for mailing purposes I likely will eliminate the ribbon feature to keep postage at a reasonable price.
- The card front piece of Merry Little Christmas DSP is attached to the Basic Black cardstock with snail and is attached to the Whisper White Thick cardstock base with snail.
- The Merry Music Specialty DSP banner is attached to card front with dimenionals.
- I cut a small Metallic Foil Doily in half and attached with snail to the back of the Whisper White banner.
- I looped the ribbon in the back and attached with double sided tape (non-Stampin’ Up! item).
- The Whisper White banner is attached to the card front with dimensionals.
- I created the tail on the DSP banner with the Banner Triple Punch.
- I created the tail on the Whisper White banner by marking the bottom center on the back side and then again 1/2″ up from the same mark. I carefully folded the two ends over to meet (but did not bend or crease the cardstock) and used my paper snips to cut diagonally from the 1/2″ center mark down to the bottom corner.
- Whisper White banner = 2.75″ x 4.25″ (you should be able to get 8 banners out of an 8.50″ x 11″ piece of cardstock).
- Merry Music DSP banner = 2″ x 6″. Once you cut tail with the punch cut down to 5″ in length (be sure not to cut off your tail!).
- Merry Moments DSP card front = 4″ x 5.25″
- Basic Black card front is approximately 1/8″ larger on all sides than the Merry Moments DSP.
If you have any other questions regarding the design of this card, do not hesitate to contact me.
Here are the Stampin’ Up! products that were used in the design of this card which can quickly be added to your shopping cart by clicking on the thumbnails below:
NOTE: The stamp set and designer series paper used in today’s card are on the Retiring Items list for the Year-End Sales event. These items are available while supplies last. Don’t miss your chance to get these marvelous papers for your stash!
Wish List or Gift Certificates?
Do you have a wish list of items that you really would like for Santa (a/k/a your significant other), friends or family members to surprise you with on Christmas Day? Well, my store is open 24/7 and there are never any lines of short tempered customers and you do not have to drive around the parking lot for what seems like an eternity looking for a parking space.
Simply provide your friends and family with a list of what you “need” or “want” and direct them to me. They can place an order for your items (if ordered by December 14 they should be delivered in time for Christmas) or they can purchase a Gift Certificate from me in any dollar amount they desire (the Gift Certificate would only be redeemable through me).
So why not get what you really want this year? HERE is a printable PDF to help you make your Wish List!
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you leave here inspired to put stamps to ink to paper. Until next time, stamp on my friends.